April 12 ~ 14, 2019
At the Lewiston-Auburn Campus of University of Southern Maine
The inaugural Fiddle-icious Traditions weekend features the traditional music of Cape Breton with musicians and step dancers Troy MacGillivray, Wendy MacIsaac, and Andrea Beaton, along with some of the finest traditional musicians from New England for a weekend of:
- Skill development in particular styles or step dancing
- Foundations for building a musical community in your own town
- Tools to create a network for traveling artists
- Exploring a path to becoming a professional musician
In addition to the focus on Cape Breton music, our other esteemed instructors will focus on many different genres, styles, and techniques.
- Join in a panel discussion on a variety of topics
- Learn to call a contra dance
- Study with a professional luthier
- Glean insight into the history of traditional music at a lecture
- And much more
While some classes may feature specific instruments, all instruments associated with traditional contra dance music will find a place at Fiddle-icious Traditions.